Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Retro Sunday on Tuesday

A little late this week.....this week's post is inspired by J's Top ten High School movies list. I love everyone of the movies that hit her list. Drive Me Crazy may not have crept in to my top 10, all the others I wholeheartedly agree with. I would say that I would somehow need to make room for Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, School ties, Girls just want to Have Fun, Flirting, The Breakfast Club, actually, lets just make it a top 20!!!

The post today is of a classic high school movie. Well, in its day.....DAZED AND CONFUSED. It's a film about the last day of school for a group of Texas students in 1976, and basically everyone is trying to get stoned, drunk or laid, or beat someone up! Sounds like fun, hey? I guess it was a , 'you had to be there' kind of film. Many recognisable young faces including Ben Affleck, Renee Zellwegger, Matthew McConaghy, Jason London, Milla Jovovich and Parker Posey .

With classic lines such as the following, it's not exactly the type of fare you need to bring your brain to, but sometimes its just kinda fun:

Wooderson: Say, man, you got a joint?
Mitch: No, not on me, man.
Wooderson: It'd be a lot cooler if you did.

And

Freshman Girl: Will you marry me?
Dawson: I don't know. What's in it for me?
Freshman Girl: Anything you want?
Dawson: Anything?
Freshman Girl: Anything.
Dawson: [opening his mouth wide] Go like this. Do you spit or swallow?
Freshman Girl: Whatever you like.
Dawson: Whatever I like? I would definitely marry you.



I'm not sure its travelled as well as I hoped, but I did find myself watching it again when it was on last week.

2 comments:

JK said...

Can we do a Dazed and Confused/Fast Times At Ridgemont High double feature at The Hollow??

dancing in beaumont said...

That's a fun double feature

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...