Saturday, July 23, 2011

LITTLE WHITE LIES - review


It's been awhile between reviews, not only have I not seen many films lately, but I've been lazy with reviewing the ones I have seen!

Saying that, this is one film I am so glad I caught. LITTLE WHITE LIES is a gorgeous French Film whose story revolves around a group of friends who spend summers together at a lovely beach house owned by one of the couples. This year, however, is a little different, as one of their group is seriously injured in a motorbike accident just prior to them leaving, but having been reassured that they could be of no use to the injured Ludo, they decide to take the holiday anyway. Their time is spent drinking wine, smoking, talking, sleeping etc. It's not an exciting film, but one which engrosses you in the everyday lives of fairly 'normal' folks. It is a modern, slowish, French 'Big Chill' kinda vibe!

One of the main reasons I enjoyed this film so much is Marion Cotillard. Man, is she beautiful. she spends most of this film, in daggy clothes and no makeup and is still one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. In fact, the cast is so beautiful, and not all in the traditional sense, but so interesting and beautiful to watch and listen to, that the overlongish 2 1/2 hours, slips by rather easily!

The soundtrack is amazing and I will definitely be purchasing. Including Ben harper, Damien Rice and even Jet, it's a ripper!

This film made me laugh out loud and cry out loud......yes, in the cinema! I'm not someone that has to rush out to French films, but so glad i did for this one. So off you hop and be engrossed by someone else's problems for a couple of hours, albeit, gorgeous, wine drinking, smoking, sexy French people!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...