Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hunger Games News

It has been announced that Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth will play Peeta and Gale, respectively in the Hunger Games movie.  I've been waiting for this news and am rapt that Liam got the job.  I could never quite decide if I was a Peeta or Gale fan but now that Liam is in I think I know which way I'll be swinging. 




As fans of the Suzanne Collins book know, Peeta is Katniss' male tribute for District 12. The two characters attend the 74th annual Hunger Games, and Peeta admits he has feelings for Katniss, setting up an ever-so-interesting interplay between the arena rivals.


Gale has a special non-romantic bond with Katniss, supporting her through the trials of the arena. Both envision being reunited in safety after the games are over. (JSYK)


The two roles are major benchmarks in both Josh's and Liam's career. After wowing critics with his performance in 'The Kids Are Alright,' Josh is poised to launch his career even further with his portrayal of Peeta. Liam got a lot of attention for 'The Last Song,' but when 'The Hunger Games' is set to reach 'Twilight' proportions, the series will likely take the Australian actor's star power to new heights.

Great casting 'powers that be'.  I thank you.

2 comments:

dancing in beaumont said...

So excited!!!!!! Oh lovely Liam!!

Lizeylou said...

thats the best news I have heard all day ... hot - love him (not as much as his brother but still I love him)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...