Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Retro Sunday on Tuesday



I'm not sure what made me think of this film today, but I did! I haven't seen it for awhile but remember it to be a great chick flick with an amazing cast, Drew Barrymore, Whoopi Goldberg and Mary Louise Parker (and Matthew McConaghy) Tears, laughter and more tears!

The story goes something like this.....

Jane is a night club singer, out of work. Robin is a quirky real estate agent looking for a ride-share to accompany her to California. Her advertisement is answered by Jane, who at first was uncertain about her. A stop in Pittsburgh picks up a third, Holly, escaping a violent and drug-dealing partner. Girls on the road, reaching understanding, respect, and care for each other. But this trio is different - Jane a lesbian, Robin suffering with AIDS, Holly running from her past, seeking one-night stands and a good man



Nearly crying just watching this clip...........

2 comments:

JK said...

I can't even watch the clip because I know I'll bawl. I absolutely sobbed when I saw this film. Such great performances from all three ladies.

Kell said...

I cry everytime I see this movie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...