Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hello Young Man!

Lately some friends and I have been discussing the phenomenon of the Cougar and it's seeming popularity at the moment. As far as we are concerned, the younger guy thing has been around for ever and is way too much fun. I say this from experience and my better half greatly enjoys his 'younger man' status. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with the old blokes but I do like the spry little ones. It’s a lot like having a favorite puppy. Sweet, energetic, fun and uncorrupted! This got me thinking about some of my favourite older woman/younger guy movies and of course then I just had to share them with you.

CLASS (1983)
What a fabulous coming of age movie. Not only did this film introduce us to Rob Lowe, Andrew McCarthy and John Cusak - it also introduced my generation to the cougar woman! (and to the wrongness of dating your mates mum!!)(obviously a movie Patrick Dempsey forgot to watch)




THE HEARTBREAK KID (1993)

I always found this film a little wonderful but a little wrong at the same time. (Maybe due to the fact that I am a teacher!) A teens infatuation with his teacher develops in to a relationship that shakes up both their worlds but ultimately celebrates love no matter what the age difference. Australian cinema gold.

THE GRADUATE (1967)

'Mrs Robinson you're trying to seduce me aren't you?'

The joke about this film is Benjamin is supposed to be a fresh-faced college graduate. (Hoffman was 30 at the time.) And the aggressive older woman, Mrs. Robinson, who seduced him and was played by Anne Bancroft — she was 36 at the time! Oh well - we got the idea and a cougar was born.

THELMA AND LOUISE (1991)

"Someone said get a life. . .so they did." Part of getting a life after leaving your husband, apparently, involves a younger, shirtless Brad Pitt. Can't argue with that.


AMERICAN PIE (1999)

Stiffler's Mum - no more needs to be said!


SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE (2003)

A 58 year old Diane Keaton and a 40 year old Keanu Reeves - who wouldn't go there?

IN THE LAND OF WOMEN (2007)
Possible one of the best movie kisses of all time - and 'Hello!' He's waaaay younger than her.


So all you young boys out there - if there is a lucious older lovely you have your eye on take my advice and make a move - it will be well worth it!

2 comments:

dancing in beaumont said...

Great post J!
I'm hoping I'm more Mrs Robinson then Stifler's mum, maybe more Thelma than Rob Lowe's mum, and am wishing I was Meg Ryan, so I could get that kiss from Adam Brody!

And I find it difficult to believe that Diane's character chooses Jack over Keanu!

How bad is the CLASS trailer? I loved this film, but that trailer is a stinker! jacqueline Bissett was so beautiful, and Rob.....

Anonymous said...

Clearly all you young boys should make a move...seriously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...