Wednesday, April 14, 2010

jake

Here's Jake in the latest GQ. Really cute, fun shots. He's never been a love of mine. I've always been interested in him, think Donnie Darko, Moonlight Mile, The Good Girl, and of course BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN in which he was so fantastic, but I've never been in love with him. I'm not loving the Prince of Persia vibe, but I did love him in BROThERS. Thought he was excellent. Quotes from this GQ article are intriguing me even more, and I'm finding myself oddly attracted to the man

On his experience filming Brokeback Mountain: “There was something magical in that time. We all slept in our trailers out by a trailer park in the first month of making that movie. I was sleeping next to Ang’s trailer; Ang’s trailer was next to Heath and Michelle’s trailer—they’d kind of moved in together. And Michael Hausman, the producer, brought his Airstream trailer down. And it was just us, by this river, for a month. And we would walk to set, and we would eat together, and we would make coffee in the morning, and I would wake up in the morning and there would be Ang Lee doing Tai Chi outside of my trailer, and it was just magical.”

On how Heath’s death affected him: “I don’t really like talking about it. That period of time was…it was difficult. He was very sensitive. He didn’t always have a sense of performance in his everyday life. He knew who he was. I think actors very often, they know how to present something, and that’s part of their job. I think he was just really sensitive. We often used to do a lot of things together, because people were very interested in him and I think we felt safe together. Even when we did Brokeback and stuff, it was like my work was the only thing that mattered to me. It was like I could only understand or define myself through doing that. Life, I didn’t totally understand. And I think I was afraid of life. And I had success in my work, enough success that you could keep going back there. But after that happened…I think I recognized that it was work. And I recognized that this is for real.”




1 comment:

Lizeylou said...

I really do love him! He just seems SO lovely, and the fact that he is easy on the eye helps that little bit too

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...