Tuesday, July 20, 2010

INCEPTION - THE REVIEW


INCEPTION was always a film that had to be watched. It is written and directed by the genius that is Chris Nolan, for those of you not familiar, think THE DARK KNIGHT, BATMAN BEGINS, and MEMENTO. It stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Ellen Page, Marion Cotillard, Cillian Murphy, Michael Caine etc. So ticks in many boxes before the film even starts......


I'm in the cinema, the film starts, we;re about 15 minutes in and I'm thinking that I it's going to be one of those films that i have no hope of understanding and everyone around me will be raving and saying it is brilliant and I'll just have to nod and smile and say wasn't Leo good, because I really didn't get it.......but then, Chris Nolan grabs my arm, he begs me to come with him, jump on the ride, because he will make the ride worthwhile........and all of a sudden, I'm in. And it's one hell of a ride! I won't say too much about the story, as going in clean will be an asset. i am willing to admit, right here in print, that I'm not really sure that i got it, but seriously, it didn't matter. The deeper you go, the more you understand, but then there is more to understand, and more questions to ask. Quite confusing really!!!!


I would say it's kind of a cross between The matrix and james Bond. does that make it sound good? I'm not sure, but there is much sci fi and action, so this is the best I can do.


The acting is brilliant. The casting is inspired (as always Chris!) Leonardo is a genius. He is Dom, he's not lovely Leo , and he's good. I was intrigued to see what Ellen page could do, and she holds up extremely well. Joseph is really well cast and suits his role perfectly. Even Leo's best mate Lukas Haas gets a role (remember the kid from WITNESS, well thats Leo's BF). I do have a new crush though. If you are a regular reader of the blog you will know i have a thing for hot english boys, well hello Tom Hardy. He plays tough guy Eames, and I might add, he does it very nicely!! (maybe a separate post is required)


it's a film, that people will love but it won't be for everyone. I am still thinking about it 2 days on, and still wondering what went on. I am by no means high brow when it comes to film choice, and I loved it. So don't be afraid to give it a go, no matter what your taste in film, through the genius sci fi etc there is a story you can love.


4 comments:

Kell said...

Thanks Krissa. We are hoping to secure babysitting this weekend to see it. Will go in with an open mind.

JK said...

This film was never on my list of must-sees but your review has changed my mind. Will definitely see it now. Thanks.

SunStud said...

Isn't everyone's fantasy to have Leo in their dreams?

Jen said...

Terrific review! I totally know what you mean about sitting there 15 minutes into and almost ready to give up on it because I was so lost. It is definitely worth the effort to keep trying to stay with it though. I see why you compared it to The Matrix, but I seriously can't get through that one. Anyway, I did really enjoy this movie and found myself thinking and talking about it for days afterward.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...