Monday, September 5, 2011

FOOTLOOSE - what are you thinking?

You may or may not know that I have a great love of the original FOOTLOOSE film. It is the ultimate in film entertainment, and it has Kevin Bacon!! And he is gorgeous in it! So i had extremely mixed feelings about a remake of this masterpiece. Well, actually, they were only mixed when I thought Zac Efron was going to play Ren, after he wisely left the project, then my thoughts were fairly negative, as they are to all remakes of 80's classics (are you listening Kenny Ortega????) .

So anyway, on Friday, I was invited to a screening of the new FOOTLOOSE. I was torn whether to even go or not. My main concern is that I would actually like it, and then I would be disloyal to Kevin and my friends from the original. I was more than happy to hate it! However, I didn't hate it! I didn't love it, in fact, it's pretty hard to hate it when it is basically exactly the same film as the original. I even found myself reciting lines. Same lines, same songs, same dance moves, in fact SAME!!! So if you are nostalgic about the original, just watch it. I'm not sure that youngsters today will embrace the film the way we did the original. A couple of things to note, ren, not too dusty, and the new Chris Penn is actually pretty ace!

Would love your opinion in the poll on our sidebar. Thanks!

2 comments:

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

still not convinced...

JK said...

I'm soooo there - there's a god damnned boot scooting scene!! Woo Hooo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...