Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hope for Haiti

It is hideousness that has fallen upon Haiti and it is always joyful when people come together to help others in need, thus the Hope for Haiti telethon was born. George Clooney pulled it together and rallied anyone he has ever met in Hollywood. It was a serious line up.

It was very serious, probably a little too serious for my liking, but then I am used to the Good Friday Appeal, so surely, anything is improved on from that!

My fave moment was probably Justin Timberlake and Matt Morris singing HALLElujah (although my fave version will always be Jeff Buckley). Sidenote - Justin and Matt met on the Mickey Mouse Club (yes the very same that Ryan was a part of!) Justin has just produced Matt's album, which I am going to purchase after now hearing his voice!



Many , many stars played a role both speaking and answering phones. Not to sound harsh but there were clearly a few there just getting their little old heads back in front of a camera!

The other fun thing about telethons is a mash up of performers together eg Keith Urban, Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow, And Jay Z, Bono and Rihanna. I love a good and interesting combo!



A couple of women looking a little different to how I remember them were also there. Nicole, who of course is buddies with George but looking decidedly different at the telethon.... And Meg Ryan, who basically looks like a clown now. I used to think she was one of the most beautiful women ever, now, not so much!!!!



There were some spunks there! Matt Damon who is close friends of George, Leo, Colin Farrell (hello!!!), and the loveey Zac (and stinkin' Vanessa!!!)






And there were some lovely ladies and fun people there too!!!



So personally, I founf it a little boring, but of course could not tear myself away! Didn't want to miss a minute!!!

PS Special mention to Madonna for LIKE A PRAYER, one of my faves!!!!

1 comment:

JK said...

Is that the fabulous John Cusak I spy behind Jen?
(and may god smite you for your Vanessa dissing)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...