Monday, July 5, 2010

Nikki Reed

So, I am no Twihard! I readily admit to loving reading The Twilight books and I have already seen ECLIPSE twice, however these facts alone do not a Twi hard make!

During my 2nd viewing however, I found myself intrigued by the actors in the film, in particular, the Cullen family. I have not hidden the fact that I would definitley have cast the family differently, but I have also been intrigued by what they are like outside of Twilight, and due to the fact I am not a Twi hard, I am choosing to do this research only now. First up is Nikki Reed.

As Nikki.....

As Rosalie.......

As it happens, she is an interesting character. Grew up in a broken home and ended up living away from her parents and looking after herself at the age of 14. She co wrote the screenplay THIRTEEN (released in 2003) with Catherine Hardwicke...recognise that name? She was the director of the first film in this saga, TWILIGHT. She also starred in this with Evan Rachel Wood, and claims that it is semi autobiographical. Went back to school after this, but was apparently consistently harassed by mothers of students in regards to THIRTEEN, that she left.

Checking over her filmography, I'm thinking that the only other work I may have viewed of hers was in The OC as Ryan's girlfriend Sadie, whose ex just happened to be Volchuk. For those not in the know, he was played by none other than Cam Gigandet, who starred alongside Nikki in the first twilight as James, one of the evil vampires! Check them out below:




Nikki is clearly a brunette in real life and should definitely stay that way, however, has apparently apologised profusely to the Twihards for a brunette being cast as a blonde Rosalie.

So, we shall see where this lady ends up. Apparently she is drawn to more indie fare, so we shall watch and see!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...