Sunday, February 8, 2009

W.W.L.D.

It's Sunday which means that for those who are of a religious nature, it is the holiest day of the week. I thought this would be a perfect day to mention a belief that K. and I share. It is not a recognised religion but that does not mean it is any less valid!

Our beliefs center around one basic tenant - W.W.L.D?

W.W.L.D? stands for 'What would Lorelai do?'

For those of you who are sitting at your computers with a blank look on your faces, Lorelai is the main character from 'Gilmore Girls', and quite frankly if you don't know that then why are you reading a blog called Stars Hollow??

When ever a question arises, be it moral, ethical, or just practical we ask ourselves W.W.L.D?
For example - After picking up the kids from a friend's house tonight I thought - 'What on earth am I going to do for dinner? Meat and 3 veg, casserole, lasagna? Then I thought W.W.L.D?
So we had left over take-away and bought a big tub of double choc chip icecream! Now that is what Lorelai would do!

So... now that I have explained W.W.L.D? I am proposing that every Sunday I ask a question and see if you can answer it as Lorelai would. What cha think? Fun Huh?

First question - It has been over 40 degrees all week and the garden is shrivelling up. Due to the drought you're not supposed to water today, your next allocated watering day is Wednesday. W.W.L.D?

5 comments:

Kell said...

Have an outdoor shower with the hose (watering can). It is like showering with a friend if you consider nature your friend.

Anonymous said...

Do you think she'd get Kirk to rig it up??

Kell said...

I think he might volunteer. He is after all the 'helpful Harry' of Stars Hollow (not)

Anonymous said...

i think she would...go and buy choc chip icecream and eat it IN the garden.

dancing in beaumont said...

I think Lorelai would probably just go to Lukes for a coffee and forget about the garden!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...