Sunday, December 13, 2009

RETRO SUNDAY

A few years ago, this time of year was the most exciting ever! School was finished for the year, summer loomed and weeks of going to the beach and hanging out with friends was all I had to look forward. One thing was prevalent for me and my gang, any summer concert we could get to, we would! I guess they are called 'festivals' these days, but there was nothing like a 'Thank God its Over' at the Myer Music Bowl to get the summer started! Writing names in sunblock on your back and then burning the crap out of the rest of your back (actually I just saw other people doing this!)!

1985 remains close to my heart! The year I questioned, 'Where will I be in 50 Years?", with tears in my years, hanging on to my buddy Kez, as we sang along to Brian and his 'Uncanny X-Men'.



And of course the other Brian was there......



And later that summer farewelling Aussie Crawl at the Final Wave.



Were you listening to this album all summer? Hilarious!




1. "Ghostbusters" - Ray Parker Jr.
2. "Sunglasses at Night" - Corey Hart
3. "Pride (In the Name of Love)" - U2
4. "Missing You" - John Waite
5. "No Say In It" - Machinations
6. "You Think You're A Man" - Divine
7. "Dynamite" - Jermaine Jackson
8. "Searchin' (I Gotta Find a Man)" - Hazell Dean
9. "What's Love Got to Do with It" - Tina Turner
10. "Out of Touch" - Hall & Oates
11. "Soul Kind Of Feeling" - Dynamic Hepnotics
12. "Jump (for My Love)" - Pointer Sisters
13. "Flesh for Fantasy" - Billy Idol
14. "No Second Prize" - Jimmy Barnes
15. "Shake This City" - Non Stop Dancers
16. "I Walk Away" - Split Enz
17. "Everybody Wants to Work" - Uncanny X-Men (band)
18. "Agadoo" - Black Lace (band)

Good times!!!

2 comments:

JK said...

I think I spent the whole summer of 85 listening to Violent Femmes over and over again!

Lesley said...

More Music please K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...