Saturday, December 5, 2009

Root Shoot Marry

The theme of this week's R.S.M is Aussie Rock Gods. Don't ask me why, it just popped into my head and I thought I'd run with it. I think my disappointment with this year's ARIAs, with it's sad lack of excitement (Keith being the exception) may have prompted my need to seek out Australia's musical talent.


First up we have Bernard Fanning - he of the ''finger'.
Bernard fronts Powderfinger and gave us all great joy when he branched out on his own for 2006's 'Tea & Sympathy. Inspired by the death of his brother in 2002 and the end of a 12 year relationship, the album was a huge success. Bernard has donated much of his time to philanthropic causes and is an advocate for Aboriginal affairs in Australia. In 2007 Bernard broke many hearts when he married Andrea Morena.


Next is John Butler.
Although he was born stateside, he has lived in Australia since he was 11 when his Australian father divorced his American mother. John is renowned for his political activism and his savvy business acumen. He made the BRW rich list and is often dubbed the Million Dollar Hippie. In case it makes any difference, John got rid of his trademark dreads last year and is looking rather more clean cut these days.


Last we have Gregory Perkins, or "Tex" as we know him. Tex fronted many of Australia's seminal rock bands such as Beasts Of Bourbon and The Cruel Sea. He has the most gorgeous deep voice that can send many of us into a swoon, and he has a stage presence reminiscent of the late, great Michael Hutchins.

So go nuts, who would you procreate with, who would you spend eternity with and who would you throw overboard?

5 comments:

Lizeylou said...

root bernard
shoot tex
marry john

or maybe

root john
shoot tex
marry bernard

its a tough call ..... john and his long fingernails always freak me out a bit ...

JK said...

I'm thinking you may have commitment issues Eliza.

dancing in beaumont said...

this is a hard one!

ROOT BERNARD
SHOOT TEX
SCRUB JOHN, I MEAN MARRY JOHN!!

JK said...

Interesting Ladies. Now I have a different take on matters. Due to Tex's swoon worthy stage antics I would definitely put him in the dirty sex categorie. It would have to be right after a show, or even between sets so as to keep the mood going.
I think I am going to have to shoot John as I just have my suspicions that he would smell of BO. I may be wrong but I also find the idea of those long nails offputting. He is also way too opinionated and argumentative for me.
That leaves a long and happy life with Bernard. I know he is sensitive (Tea and Sympathy, he's not hideous to look at, he's got a sense of humour and I'd get lots of time to myself while he toured with Powderfinger.
So.... root Tex
Shoot John
Marry Bernard

Lesley said...

root - tex
shoot - none
marry - john butler(didn't know he was so business savy, what a bonus)or bernard just because

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...