Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Great Gatsby

Honestly who doesn't love a Baz Luhrmann film?  You can not beat the man when it comes to making big, gorgeous, outrageous films.  How thrilling to anticipate his latest project - arguably the Great American Novel, The Great Gatsby, and filmed in Australia no less.

Now down to the important casting news....




Joel Edgerton has just beat out Luke Evans for the role of Tom Buchanan in the epic,  winning the right to replace Ben Affleck, who had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts.  How great is that!  What a fantastic opportunity for Joel.  He will be joined by Leonardo DiCaprio playing the enigmatic millionaire Jay Gatsby; Tobey Maguire the narrator and protagonist Nick Carraway; Carey Mulligan, Edgerton's on-screen wife Daisy Buchanan; (we think) Isla Fisher as his mistress, Myrtle; and newcomer and fellow Aussie Elizabeth Debicki as Jordan Baker.

I for one am off to read the book once again - what better reason?

5 comments:

dancing in beaumont said...

I can't wait for this!

Kell said...

Haven't read the book since highschool. Must dig it out for another read.

Lizeylou said...

Dare I say it ... I have never read this book. Better get my act together quick smart!! I am very happy for Joel though - I love him.

Anonymous said...

I hate to burst your bubble but I HATE BAZ LUHRRMAN films hate them. I feel sick every time I hear that the movie execs have thrown another few mill his way to cock up another film. I hope he doesn't destroy the great gatsby.(a story I love) Joel is great -but BAZ is shit!!!! Sorry just had to get that off my chest. Oh and I thought Australia was the longest piece of dribble I've ever had to sit through!

Anonymous said...

Let me explain -visually he is AOK but I find his films very self indulgent , with some very bad acting thrown in, and always too long ,thus "losing the plot" so to speak! I hope hope hope he doesn't stuff up this masterpiece!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...