Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's So Sad When They End



While I'm consumed by series finales I thought I'd hark back to our all time favourite for a moment.  I just read a very interesting take on Gilmore Girls final season which I thought was interesting...



“One show that flubbed its ending in almost every important way, in my view, is ‘Gilmore Girls.’ The show’s creator left before the final season of ‘GG’ and the new person brought in to mop up during that last year just didn’t have a good feel for the characters or their world, and after spending six seasons with the people of Star’s Hollow, the final season was a trainwreck on a character level. A fairly decent series finale wasn’t enough to remove the bad taste that the rest of that unfortunate season had left. Very little of what transpired was true to the vision I’d watched for the first six years of the show.”  George R.R. Martin, author of the Game of Thrones



I can't say he is entirely wrong as much as I hate saying anything negative about my beloved GG, but I think all GGs die hard fans wonder what would have transpired in season 7 if Amy Sherman-Palladino hadn't left.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...