Thursday, March 25, 2010

Buffy Does Paulo

We may not get to see this on our screens in Australia but I will definitely be hunting it out if it hits the DVD stands. Paulo Coelho's novel 'Veronika Decides To Die' has been made into a movie and stars Sarah Michelle Gellar!
Sarah's character, Veronika wakes up in a mental institution after a failed suicide attempt. She discovers that she has a weakened heart and only days to live. The film follows her journey as she finds true love and a newfound appreciation of life.

I loved the book and I'm a SMG fan so fingers crossed it makes it here.


3 comments:

Lizeylou said...

I love Paulo's books, and think this clip looks great. I would watch it with you! The guy in this who is Sarah's love, looks familiar????

Anonymous said...

Sadly, doesn't look as though this will get a theatrical release in Oz. It's doing a few film festivals overseas, but thats about it for now. Jonathan Tucker plays the love interest and I think where you would probably know him best is from the young Billy Crudup character in SLEEPERS. He's done other bits and pieces but is just starting to get some decent roles now. BTW Kate Bosworh was originally signed to play Veronika.

Lesley said...

count me in, looks right up my alley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...