Sunday, January 23, 2011

BLUE VALENTINE


Ok, so I screened it for a second time, and loved it , maybe even a little bit more than the first. The first viewing, the film was so raw and in your face, the second allowed for a genuine appreciation of the performances and the realities of what is happening for these two people onscreen.

It also allowed for me to pick up on a couple of lines I had missed on the first time around. My fave being, (and this is truly for those fans of 80's and early 90's tv, -i'm looking at you Cool Rider)when Dean (Ryan) and Cindy(michelle) have just stopped at the liquor store while on their way to the fantasy hotel, and Cindy says to Dean, "you'll never guess who i ran into at the liquor store?" and Dean says "Richard Grieco'?. GOLD!!! I know that much of this film was improvised, and i am intrigued to know who came up with that line!!! I can feel a Richard Grieco post coming on......

2 comments:

Lizeylou said...

I still haven't seen this ... sadly I think I am going to have to wait for it to be on DVD - bummer!

JK said...

Oh can we please have a post on Richard!! Surely they're both too young to appreciate the Grieco??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...