Tuesday, January 25, 2011

One To Watch - Rafi Gavron

Do you know the feeling when you are watching a show or a movie and instead of watching the leads, who are supposed to have your attention, you find your self drawn to one of the supporting cast?  One of the earlier times this happened to me was during 'She's All That' and I found myself drawn to the 'best friend', a young Paul Walker who I could not tear my eyes away from.  They have that indefinable something that lights up the screen whenever they appear.  I also call this the 'Puck' effect. 

Lately I have been watching the CW show 'Life Unexpected' and every episode I find myself drawn to one of the supporting cast.  The character of  'Bug'  is played by Rafi Gavron and I think he is definitely one to keep an eye on.


In Life Unexpected Rafi plays the main character, Luxe's, boyfriend - the guy from the wrong side of the tracks who effectively is her 'family' as she navigates her way through the foster system.


I thought I'd see what else Rafi has been up to - He is English and his big break came when he was cast in 'Breaking And Entering' for which he was nominated at the British Independent Film Awards for Most Promising Newcomer.  He followed this up with roles in Inkheart and Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist.  Rafi has also had roles on TV in Rome, 24 and now Life Unexpected.


Interestingly Rafi's best mate is none other than another Englishman made good on US TV - Ed Westwick!

I look forward to seeing what Rafi does with himself next.

Rafi with co-star Shiri Appleby

2 comments:

Lizeylou said...

Cute ... looks like a heart breaker to me!!

dancing in beaumont said...

pretty cute! am going to try and hunt down some footage of him speking with an english accent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...