Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Morning Glory

Written by the screen writer of 'The Devil Wears Prada' and directed by The guy that did 'Notting Hill', MORNING GLORY isn't a film I thought I would rush to see. Don't get me wrong, I do love Rachel McAdams (even though she has slept with my future husband, I think we could be friends) and I must say, although would probably rarely admit this out loud, I do love a Diane Keaton flick! So I popped along and was most pleasantly surprised. This film is great fun. Rachel clearly shines everytime she is onscreen.

The premise is that Becky (rachel) is an aspiring morning tv show producer, who is given the job of reviving an ailing morning show, working with a small budget, difficult on air hosts etc. She coerces Mike (Harrison Ford) into joining the on air team as co host with Colleen (Dianne keaton). he doesn't really want to do it, she needs him to do it, he thinks it's beneath him etc If you are not a fan of harrison, (I haven't been since han Solo and early Indy days), don't worry, he basically plays a grumpy old man, clearly not stretching his acting chops too much!!!

We laughed alot and even shed a tear, as did the audience around us. It's lighthearted, yes, but it delivers as a delightful comedy with a bit of romance on the side. If you want an enjoyable time at the flicks , it's worth a look!

Here's the gorgeous Rachel at the premiere in berlin

1 comment:

lopi said...

although not shinning in this look...she looks 10 years older!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...