Thursday, February 4, 2010

Where's Moondoggie?


Well it turns out that my hunch was completely wrong - James Darren was not a washed up teen actor at all - far from it. It turns out he has had a long and varied career and has even experienced a re-birth recently playing Vic Fontaine, the holographic lounge singer, on Deep Space Nine, with a cult following!!

I'm so pleased because Moondoggie will always have a place in my heart and I'm thrilled he has had such a full life.


James Darren famously starred in all three Gidget movies and went on to carve out an accidental pop career alongside his acting. He starred in shows such as T.J Hooker and went on to direct and produce before landing the role of Vic.




Not suprisingly I now have a Best Of James Darren CD winging it's way to me - can't wait.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...