Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscars Night!

Well, those of you who know me, will know how excited I am right now, as one of my favourite days of the year is almost here.........Oscar Night! I love it all! I love the red carpet, i love sitting through hours of awards, right until the end, and have often sat through them twice in the one day. I have about the last 15 years of awards on VHS. Actually am i sounding a little tragic! Maybe!

I love to sit and spot my fave actors in the audience, to see who brought who, to see sly looks across the room when they think the camera isn't watching, to imagine what they are saying to each other when they lean across as inconspicuously as possible.


Anyway, my predictions are below. I have unfortunately not seen all nominated films, which is generally an aim for me, however, here goes:


BEST ACTOR
SEAN PENN

I think he is a genious. he is brilliant in MILK and even though he is a kook, Hollywood loves him. If he wins, watch out for his speech, always throws something a little controversial in!


BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
HEATH
If he doesn't win, there will be an uproar. Let's face it, he deserves to win not just for this role, but for a body of work that sadly we have all missed out on. RIP Heath.

BEST ACTRESS
KATE WINSLET
I haven't actually seen The Reader yet, but she has made a bit of a fuss about being nominated so many times (did anyone see the EXTRAS episode?) and her body of work is brilliantly consistent, so she deserves it!

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
PENELOPE CRUZ
Not a fan of this lady, but i think she did crazy pretty god damned well in Vicky Cristina!

BEST PICTURE
SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE

Although I am running with the favourite here, I think that this is a film that has a lot to offer. It wasn't what I was expecting, but I was thoroughly mesmerised by a well executed, well acted, and intriguing film.


Of all the great Oscars moments, below is one of my very favourites!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8RIS5GJqAg&feature=related

Goodluck to the delightful Hugh jackman, and watch out for the lovely Zac!

Have a great Oscars night! I'm off to iron my frock!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surely you can't iron Taffeta!!!!

Kell said...

ENJOY! I too will be watching, although am disappointed with the 9.30 start time, especially after being up from 3 to 6 this morning with a whingeing 2 year old. Ah the joys of motherhood.

Kell said...

Just checked the results and so far you are 1 for 1. You Go Girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...