Monday, September 28, 2009

Melrose Place - you seriously don't want to live there.


OK - I am the queen of the crap TV review obviously. I have just sat through the first two episodes of the new Melrose Place and I hope you appreciate the lengths I go to for this blog!! Mind you it was not nearly as BAD as the original although strikingly similar in tone. Sydney and Michael are both back and both still evil. The first episode starts with the murder of Sydney who is found stabbed and floating in the Melrose Place pool no less. If you're like me you'd be thinking it was hardly worth the cameo credit but never fear Syd is a permanent fixture thanks to the flashbacks which seem to be troubling the rest of the residents. The set up is that we are left to wonder who killed Syd as everyone seems to have a motive.

I must say that compared to 'The Beautiful Life' the acting to brilliant, which is to say that it is fine. The cast is in fact very appealing and sassy but I think I personally have moved on from the drama and over the top storylines that characterise Melrose Place. It has the advantage of being a very slick production but I don't think I'll be worried if I miss an episode. I'm sure the 20 somethings will adore it and I hope it goes well if only for the sake of seeing Heather Locklear back where she belongs.

1 comment:

Ally said...

Ahh Melrose place now that brings back memories ......... I used to play Basketball on a tue night and then after the game race to local nightclub for Melrose on big screen with drinking games in the adds .......:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...