Sunday, September 27, 2009

Retro Sunday

In 1983 I was in year 9, and completely mesmerised by the mini-series RETURN TO EDEN.
It was the Dynasty of Australian TV and it was completely addictive, evil, glamorous, and camp.

Return To Eden originally appeared as a lavish 6 hour mini series filmed in various glossy locales around Sydney and the Barrier Reef; Rebecca Gilling headlined as Stephanie Harper who gets caught up with evil tennis pro Greg Marsden (played by James Reyne), his plot to murder Stephanie to get his hands on her money go awry when she manages to escape from the crocodile infested swamp he left her for dead in. Stephanie, in full on Dynasty mode, undergoes plastic surgery and emerges transformed as Tara Welles intent on revenge on Greg.....
.
What a story line! What a cast! What a winner! I thought this show was fantastic and can remember vividly how stunned I was when Greg threw Stephanie to the crocs. The music is so sinister it still creeps me out watching it today.


Apparently it is now available on DVD as is the following series so I may just have to add it to my 'wish list'.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...