Monday, March 9, 2009

time for another top ten

I think that's it's time for a top ten list! so many to make, so hard to choose!

Today's list is inspired by my love of music, combined with my love of movies, combined with my love of the 80's. "what' you cry. What a combination of excellence has she come up with? Well I am so easily impressed by a VHI countdown of songs from the 80's soundtracks and there is definitely a place in this blog for that very top ten list, however, not today. Today's list is 'songs from 80's movies that were sung (or lipsynched) by the stars in the film'. As I was researching to bring you this comprehensive list, i realised that these moments are from all decades. think 'tiny dancer' in 'almost famous' and 'sweet caroline' in 'beautiful girls' and 'killing me softly' in about a boy etc but for now, I will concentrate on the 80's. So here goes!

1. PRETTY IN PINK - TRY A LITTLE TENDERNESS

The adorable Duckie trying to win Andy's affections. So cute!




2. TOP GUN - YOU'VE LOST THAT LOVING FEELING

You may be over it (and Tom by now) but you have to admit, at the time we all loved it!




3. TOP GUN (AGAIN!!!! - WHO KNEW) GREAT BALLS OF FIRE

Pretty cute! And when Meg Ryan yells across the room 'take me to bed or lose me forever', a classic line!

http://www.echo.ucla.edu/volume7-issue1/atlas-media/atlas-greatballs.html


4. COCKTAIL - ADDICTED TO LOVE

I might be the only one, but I really loved this film!!!



5. RISKY BUSINESS - OLD TIME ROCK AND ROLL

Love it or hate it, it's a classic! Frankly, I am just as disturbed as you must be by now that this is turning into a Tom Cruise singing in films in the 80's list! Sorry about that. I guess we need to remember the magic...take ourselves back to the first time we saw the Outsiders and try hard to forget the Tom that is now etched into our minds with his crazy beliefs and behaviours!



6. FERRIS BUELLER - TWIST AND SHOUT

Matthew Broderick's finest hour! (his only hour really!!)



7. 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU - PRETTY BABY HEATH LEDGER

No I am not a fool, I know that this is not from the 80's but I love it, so thought it could sneak it in anyway!





It's not ten, but you get the idea! Does anyone have some other memories that have eluded me thus far (worthy of a mention of course - i can think of a few but am choosing not to include)

I think I can feel a dancing in 80's movies top ten list coming on!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kell said...

What about a bit of
C O O L R I D E R??????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIupG1TNm-k&feature=related

JK said...

Duckie - how I have missed you. You are the reason I watch 2 and 1/2 Men!
This is a hard one - oh I just thought of one - stay tuned and I'll post it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...