Thursday, March 19, 2009

We Miss You Lauren


Our muse and imaginary best friend, Lauren Graham, is developing a new comedy series for ABC called The Bridget Show. Lauren, who will serve as executive producer and star, plays a self-help guru (Bridget) who is unable to let go of her ex once he dumps her.

Here at Stars Hollow there are cheers and whoops of joy that Lauren is going to be back on our TV screens. We have missed her!

The project will be the first TV series for Graham since "Gilmore Girls" ended two seasons ago. She's currently starring in the Broadway run of "Guys and Dolls."


Hopefully the show lives up to Gilmore Girls in a small way but quite honestly, even if it's shit, K and I will still be watching slavishly.


Here's what Lauren had to say about it -

You just signed a deal to star in your own ABC comedy. How did that come about?

Mitch Hurwitz (Arrested Development) and Alex Herschlag (Will & Grace) cooked up this idea that's so wrong it's right. It's the first thing -- after taking many meetings and thinking long and hard about what kind of thing I'd like to do -- that made me laugh. Everything about it made me laugh.

You play a self-help guru who doesn't practice what she preaches. It's already drawing comparisons to Men in Trees.

It's a darker comedy... more like Arrested Development. Men in Trees was a really well written dramedy, but it was soft and sweet -- kind of in the tone of Gilmore Girls. This is more comedic. It's a totally different tone. And I don't live in Alaska.

How is the show darker?
She's a self-help guru who is truly a mess and is obsessed with [her ex-boyfriend] who dumped her. It's really funny because it's so backwards. I went to Barnard College and I did my feminist studies, but I think what's funny about this character is she is deeply flawed. I loved Lorelai, but she wasn't deeply flawed. She was very easy to root for. This is a slightly more twisted central character.

What's the timeline for it?
I'm committed to [Guys & Dolls] through October. But we're trying to figure out if I can shoot [the pilot] while I'm doing the show.

1 comment:

dancing in beaumont said...

i wonder who will play the ex boyfriend??? We need to start casting soon! Maybe Matthew Perry?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...