Sunday, August 16, 2009

retro sunday





Well people, I have no choice today, the retro post for this week must be THE PIRATE MOVIE. J and I have spent much time discussing this film over time and in particular discussing the delightful Christopher Atkins over the last 24 hours, since J discovered his twitters! Too exciting.

This is how we remember him in The Pirate Movie...



This movie, based on The Pirates of Penzance, is a fun romp made in 1982 starring Christopher Atkins and Kristy MacNichol in the leads and many Aussie actors in minor roles. Close to our hearts and close to our homes, this was actually filmed at Werribee mansion, about 30 mins from where we live, and other scenes filmed at Polly Woodside and the Great Ocean Road. Even more exciting, is the fact that a friend of the 'hollow' actually met Chris and hung out on set for a day. So jealous!!! (side note, Chris is renowned in hollywood as being a very generous actor and very kind to his fans!)

Chris has actually spent quite a bit of time in Australia, as he ended up marrying an Australian lady, who was Playmate of the year, when 'Pirate' was being filmed!

One of the highlights of the film, my opinion only(and J's), was the soundtrack! I was so in love with the music and would play 'how can i live without her' over and over in my bedroom. Please enjoy!



Chris apparently still owns the pirate pants and boots! Hmmm, I think I would still be more than happy to see him in those. He has aged well!!! If you are not a 'pirate' devotee, it may be too late. It could have been a time and place thing, but once the love for the pirate is with you, it never leaves!

Would you like another song? Just for fun? Here is HAPPY ENDING.



If you like a film with a song and a bit of fun, check it out! It's really fun!

2 comments:

JK said...

Now that is an absolutely perfect end to the week. I can watch this film over and over again and it always leaves me with a massive smile on my face. I seem to recall K and I singing 'How Can I Live Without Her' to a room full of stunned girlfriends on the night of my 41st birthday! I wonder why we've never seen them again!!
I love you Chris...

Lesley said...

You know Jenny and K, you really need to get over this pirate movie thing, I just don't get it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...