Sunday, August 16, 2009

Topher disgrace!

It was Topher's idea. They are trying to turn St Elmo's Fire into a tv series. Why??? They are trying to recreate the success of Friends, but don't these clowns get it! ST ELMO'S FIRE, and even Friends, was about a time and a place. The right cast, the right music, the right audience at the right time. Sure, series about groups of young somethings definitely have potential, but why do they have to go to St Elmo's Bar. My experience of bars that I used to go to 20 years ago is not good, brought to my attention walking through Richmond on Friday night. Most of my faves boarded up and no longer in existence! I am sure St Elmo's would be in the same sorry state these days or turned into a club selling frozen alcoholic beverages as its gimmick. Leave Elmo's in the 80's please???


Lorelai to luke: "C'mon. Rob Lowe pretending to play the saxophone was incredibly hot?
And also, Andrew McCarthy at his best, although "Less than Zero' runs a close second."

1 comment:

JK said...

am in complete agreement and I am sooo impressed with the G.G. quote. Love your work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...