Friday, April 17, 2009

GOOP

So anyway, not sure if you are familiar with Gwyneth's little homemaker website, goop.com. nice houewifey type stuff. Very sweet, I'm sure Chris Martin reads it everyday and goes and books another world tour!!!! Anyway, below is her latest musings. Could this be a tale of the great friendship that never was?? Winona. Stinking Gwyneth hooked her up with my Matt, which was so never going to work. Anyway, let me know what you think!



Back in the day, I had a “frenemy” who, as it turned out, was pretty hell-bent on taking me down. This person really did what they could to hurt me. I was deeply upset, I was angry, I was all of those things you feel when you find out that someone you thought you liked was venomous and dangerous. I restrained myself from fighting back. I tried to take the high road. But one day I heard that something unfortunate and humiliating had happened to this person. And my reaction was deep relief and…happiness. There went the high road. So, why does it feel so good to hear something bad about someone you don’t like? Or someone you DO like? Or someone you don’t KNOW? I once asked the editor of a tabloid newspaper why all of the stories about a famous British couple had a negative bent. He said that when the headline was positive, the paper didn’t sell. Why is that? What’s wrong with us? I asked the sages to shed a little light.
Here’s to washing our mouths out with soap...
Love,
Gwyneth

3 comments:

JK said...

Aaah Gwenny - pearls of wisdom just drop from your lips. Agree with her sentiment but still think she's a knob.

Lesley said...

Yeh pretty much agree with Jen there but then again I am probably biased as I am devising ways to steal her husband. When I look at Gwynneth, I always feel like something is missing.

Jen said...

I read that and totally thought of Winona. I would put money on it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...