Friday, April 24, 2009

the sure thing.......a classic!

Lady in Car: What are you gonna name it?
Alison Bradbury: What?
Lady in Car: The baby.
Alison Bradbury: [realizing she's faking being pregnant] Oh, the baby. Well, if it's a girl, Cynthia, and if it's a boy, Elliot.
Lady in Car: Those are lovely names.
Walter (Gib) Gibson: Elliot? You're gonna name the kid Elliot? No, you can't name the kid Elliot. Elliot is a fat kid with glasses who eats paste. You're not gonna name the kid Elliot. You gotta give him a real name. Give him a name. Like Nick.
Alison Bradbury: Nick?
Walter (Gib) Gibson: Yeah, Nick. Nick's a real name. Nick's your buddy. Nick's the kind of guy you can trust, the kind of guy you can drink a beer with, the kind of guy who doesn't mind if you puke in his car, Nick!
[Alison looks disgusted]
Walter (Gib) Gibson: [to Lady in Car] Oh, vomit. I'm sorry. Vomit.

2 comments:

JK said...

Ben was very nearly Nick for this very reason.
I taught an Eliott and he used to wonder why I called him 'Nick'. I liked to amuse myself at the kids expense!

JK said...

I upgraded my video of The Sure Thing to DVD recently - maybe that needs a viewing too. So much to watch, so little time! (Nicolette Sheridan in all her glory too)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...