Saturday, April 4, 2009

off to yale

So now I know what I am doing during winter. I'm off to Yale to study sitcoms!!!!

Below is a course on offer at Yale over their Summer. So jealous. How fun would this be. I found this after chatting to an American girl, who as I discovered had a love for the delightful Gilmore ladies, and as our discussion went further, she divulged that in America there are university courses that study the Gilmore Girls. And then, at that moment, I knew what I wanted to do with my life. Everything was clear and life felt good. I was off to America to study the Gilmore Girls. So I figure I might as well start at Yale, as it was also Rory's choice, and I'll see how I go!!!!


FILM S439 01 (30101)
Television Situation Comedy
Suzanne O'Malley
TTh 1.00-4.15
Summer 2009 SU 5B Session
Areas Hu
Distributional Group II
Not Cr/D/F
An introductory analysis of the television situation comedy in America from its beginnings in the 1950s to the present time. Exploration of how this popular and powerful genre grew and changed, how it influenced America, and how it was influenced by America in its depictions of family life, race and ethnicity, stereotypes, fantasy, feminism, war, progressive forms of cultural and racial inclusion, and contemporary looks at single life and gay liberation. 1 Credit. Tuition $2,650. Session B: July 6 - August 7.

2 comments:

JK said...

Sign me up - I'm coming too!!! When do we leave?

Twish said...

How much fun would those classes be? Clearly, it is where you are both meant to be!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...