Sunday, July 12, 2009

retro sunday



THE DELINQUENTS, for some reason this film popped into my head during the week, so I thought why not revisit this gem. Not highly praised or loved by the critics, or a box office giant, but I think a little aussie gem from 1989. I know the reason I went along was to see my beloved Kylie on the big screen (didn't rush as quickly for STREETFIGHTER or BIODOME)! And I personally felt she held her own!

This is the story of two star crossed lovers, Lola and Brownie and is set in the 1950's Australia. Their first love is with each other, yet it is a tough road for them and they cope with many trials and tribulations in their efforts to be together. i remember crying at the heartbreak of it all. Teenage love rocks!!! The things you wouldn't do for your first love!!!!

Charlie Schlatter played Brownie, Kylie's love interest. He is an American actor best known these days for his ongoing role in DIAGNOSIS MURDER up until the series was cancelled in 2001. A couple of other facts you may not know about Charlie, he once dated Jennifer Aniston!!!!! And, he is the voice of 'Kevin' in BEN 10!!!

My other little titbit that I must share is that the premiere of THE DELINQUENTS was the first time we saw this:

How exciting was that! Not only to see sexy, hot Kylie, but on the arm of the very delectable Michael Hutchence! He certainly changed things for her!!!! (would have liked to be 'changed' by him myself!!!!)

2 comments:

Eliza said...

I LOVED this movie ..... brings back many fun memories! I think I will need to watch it again now!

JK said...

Oh Charlie is that where you ended up? You were such a cutie. Thanks for posting this fabulous film. Severely underrated flick.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...